Disneyland.com - Complete Redesign
My Role: Flash Designer, Visual Designer
Link: View Project
I supported the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online (WDPRO) team with prototyping, visual design and flash development for the new site. With every redesign our sites became more data driven and with more and more content for our users. With the expansion of the Disneyland site we needed it to be lightweight and easily customizable. It great to see it come together with latest addition of our flash media player that boasts video, slides, 360s, interactive maps and section specific flash media. This redesign received great feedback and set the groundwork for the current media engine and present Disney.com site.
Complete update the Disneyland.com site in the Nextgen style while developing interactive flash maps, applications and new branded media engine.
The new site was essentially a complete, top-to-bottom redesign of the Disneyland content site. Leveraging the NextGen technology platform, the project operated on an aggressive budget and timeline by reusing code where possible, and innovating to deliver new tools and content relevant to the Disneyland audience. The team relied heavily on Guest insights to influence and validate the designs; input from site comments, Guest Communications teams, several qualitative research sessions and quantitative surveys enabled this 360-degree feedback design process.
Scope includes new site architecture and CMS, intuitive site navigation, immersive media, and a complete copy re-write to inform, motivate and entertain Guests. New Disneyland.com highlights:
- Full content sites launching simultaneously in English and Spanish
- Rich, immersive media, including new videos, slideshows and 360s
- Home page media “chapter” design, allowing flexible marketing as Resort priorities change
- Custom-designed, printable calendar tools for monthly, daily and multi-day planning
- Faceted listing pages that deliver powerful browse and search tools
- Interactive map tools
- Improved Resort Hotel content, highlighting Disney differences, easy comparison tools and quick entry to booking
- Robust, faceted Good Neighbor Hotel section, making it easier to sort through all offerings to find the best fit for their family
- New focus on “Lands” in both Parks, including immersive storytelling and Land-level navigation
- Robust Downtown Disney content, marketing it as not only part of the Resort experience, but also a destination for locals
- Expanded “At A Glance” and Guest Services content, including accessibility information
- Landing pages for Character Experiences, So Calif. Destinations and other common Guest questions
- Recommender feature for attraction, dining and entertainment experiences, also serving as a cross-park promotion tool
- New Profile services, aligned with WDW in the spirit of One Disney and consistent Guest experience
- New global navigation treatment for Commerce, AP and My Disneyland pages
- First WDPRO site that has 2 languages fully searchable and indexed by FAST
Yellow Shoes, Avenue A, Sapient